Efficient Spectrum Allocation and
Sharing - developed game theoretic and stochastic modeling based
spectrum sharing schemes to enhance spectrum efficiency when users
strategically compete for spectrum resources in a dynamic
- introducing evolutionary game modeling to study cooperation evolution in spectrum sensing and developing a learning algorithm based on replicator dynamics to approach the optimal collaboration with local throughput observation. - designing spectrum access coordination for interference management using Markov chain modeling and developing a self-learning algorithm to obtain the optimal access probability.
- introducing a punishment-based repeated spectrum sharing game to enhance user cooperation with truth-telling mechanisms to motivate users to reveal true private information.
- designing a multi-winner cognitive spectrum auction scheme with collusion-resistant mechanisms and low-complexity implementations.
Secure Dynamic Spectrum Access -
investigated various malicious attacks, quantified their damage, and
designed effective defense strategies, including
- developing effective channel hopping scheme based on stochastic game modeling for anti-jamming defense with a minimax-Q learning algorithm to maximize the long-term accumulated throughput.
- deriving optimal power allocation strategies against jamming attacks using Colonel Blotto game modeling.
Relay Selection and Power Allocation for Cooperative Communications - introduced a Stackelberg (buyer/seller) game over cooperative networks to jointly optimize source and relay nodes¡¯ utilities and developed a distributed implementation based on standard function.
Resource Allocation for Multimedia
proposed game theoretic approaches to efficiently allocate
rate/spectrum resources for multimedia communications, including
- introducing a noncooperative game for efficient and fair rate allocation and developing a distributed cheat-proof implementation using alternative ascending clock auction.
- designing a cheat-proof spectrum auction scheme to maximize social welfare for multimedia streaming over cognitive radio networks.